Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Sweet Valentine

Cute and Easy Valentines
Happy Thursday to you all! I've had the privilege of being able to stay home for the past two days due to an unwelcome illness...but I see it as a blessing because I was able to get so much done, including these adorable valentines for Valentine's Day! We are 8 days way until the day of love, and if you're looking for something cute and homemade for friends, family, coworkers, or anyone else then you've come to the right place.
These are some different supplies that I used:
  • pretty card stock paper
  • stamps/ink
  • shape scissors (or, at least that's what I call them)
  • assorted ribbons
  • cute lollipops
The dollar bin inside Target and Michael's has become my best friend...so most of the supplies shown here I got from those awesome stores.
First, you will want to use your shape scissors (again, I have no idea what the proper title for these are) and cut your paper into whatever shape you desire.
Next, using whatever you prefer: it could be stamps; a quill pen; felt-tip marker; crayon; anything!, write (or stamp) your loving sentiment on the front of your valentine. If you end up using stamps, allow the ink to fully dry before handling.
Now, get creative! Personalize your sentiments in any way you choose. I wanted to add my own touches by adding some other ink color and an adorable die cut heart.
I then made tiny bows with my ribbon (which I scored from Target's dollar bin) and hot glued them on each card.
Lastly you will want to attach the candy of your choice to the back of each valentine.
And it's that easy! Now you will have something inexpensive, cute, and individually customized that is sure to impress anyone this February 14th! Happy crafting!

Love,
Kelsey

1 comment: